Indaba Music Licensing - Indaba Music
Indaba Music Licensing
Next-generation synch licensing and content commercialization.
Every day, Indaba's roster of over 600,000 emerging musicians contribute original songs, covers and remixes to our unique catalog of high-quality music.
Don't hear what you need in the catalog? Indaba's crowd of talented artists will create custom music in days, not weeks, quickly providing you with a range of options that fit your specific requirements. Contact us for more info.
Sample music from our catalog
How It Works
1Indaba members submit high-quality recordings of music they own, agree to our licensing agreement, and fill out important musical meta data.
2Indaba's team of talented supervisors uncovers the best tracks, and shops them to music supervisors, publishers, record labels, and the biggest digital licensing businesses.
3Licensors negotiate directly with Indaba, and Indaba distributes half of net revenue to the artist.
Resources for Musicians
- Music Licensing (Wikipedia) - Definitions of terms related to music licensing.
- How Music Licensing Works - A helpful, easy-to-read primer on music licensing.
- ASCAP Resource Guide - A thorough guide for all aspects of music and publishing.
- BMI Licensing FAQ - Frequently asked questions about music licensing from one of the world’s largest music rights organizations.
- Publishing, Royalties, and Copyright Information - Basic guide to help musicians understand rights management.
- The Plain and Simple Guide to Music Publishing - A great read by Randall Wixen that de-mystifies the business of music publishing.
- All You Need To Know About the Music Business - Universally regarded as the definitive, essential guide to the music industry.