Join Our Team! - Indaba Music
Join Our Team!
Indaba Music gives musicians reasons and opportunities to make music.
Indaba Music launched in 2007 to bring music creation tools to a new generation of musicians who were discovering the power of Internet for the first time. Over the past five years our community has grown to over 700,000 musicians from almost every country on earth. Our musicians compose, record, and remix music for fun and professional opportunities. We have created original songs for brands like Red Bull, Bacardi, and the NFL and have remixed music for
Developers and Designers
We are a small but passionate team that believes the music industry is more alive than ever. We are looking for people who are passionate about our mission to provide every musician in the world with an ongoing reason to create music and practice their art.
So who are we looking for? Who is the perfect fit for our scrappy band of music fans?
- We code Ruby. Our site is primarily Rails, with a few other services that we've built in-house to support our community.
- We love Amazon Web Services. Our entire infrastructure lives in the cloud, and we've built many tools that have helped us scale our site over the past few years.
- We <3 New York. We think there's no better place for music and tech, and all of our positions are full-time in our office in downtown Manhattan.
We are looking for incredibly smart developers and web designers who are passionate about music.
- Every member of our team is involved in the product development process. We challenge our developers, and we expect people to contribute at every step along the way.
- We are a small team, and everyone is expected to exhibit a fair amount of autonomy. That said, we are collaborative, and we learn from each other.
- Our site is a living entity, and we are willing to experiment with it; nothing is off the table.
- We have a large code base which we are committed to improving through test coverage and re-factoring.
- We run our own infrastructure and consider operations an integral part of the development process.
We could list a pile of requirements here, but really, it comes down to fit. If you are developer or designer and you want to help change the way that musicians make music in the world, then get in touch. We think you'll like it here.
Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you're a great fit.